Tonight, I was telling Noah that we would get him some big boy underwear if he would stop peeing and pooping in his diaper and start going in the potty. I said, "Then you can wear underwear like Daddy instead of a diaper like babies." He thought about it for a minute and then said, "That sounds GREAT!" ha!
Before bed tonight, I spent some time rocking him in the rocking chair. We read a few books. Then I talked to him about how much I love him, how smart and sweet he is, what a good big brother he is, etc. I reminded him again that he could start wearing big-boy underwear if he'd start using the potty. He said, "and policeman underwear? like daddy?" I said, "Yeah, we'll try to find you some policeman underwear like daddy's." :) He thought a minute and then said, "you wear policeman's with me?" :) I don't know exactly what policeman underwear looks like, but I guess I'll be hunting all 3 of us a pair before too long. :)
After reading and rocking and praying together, I put Noah in bed and tucked him in. I sat down beside his toddler bed (while holding Hannah) to wait a while, hoping he would go to sleep quickly. He laid very still and quiet for a long time. Then I saw him give his Curious George an "mmm-mmm tight" hug and heard him whisper, "I love you, George." Then he sits up in bed, looks at me, and says, "Mama, I love George." :)
He. Is. The. Sweetest.
I am a happy Mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment