Saturday, February 19, 2011

Reading the Bible

This morning I was reading my Bible at the kitchen table.  Noah came up to me and said, "Mama, I want to sit in your lap."  So I picked him up and sat him in my lap.  He began trying to flip the pages of my Bible, which, as you can imagine, was making it a tad difficult to read.  


"Stop, Noah. Mama's trying to read her Bible."  I'm beginning to get a little irritated.  


I think Noah was equally as irritated that I was keeping him from flipping the pages of my Bible. "Mama, stop!  I wanna read the Bible, too!"


My son wants to read the Bible.  Well, that made my day just a little. :)  So I let him "read" my Bible.  He flipped the pages a few times.  Then he bowed his head a little and said, "Jesus, God, help our friends...." and mumbled a few more words that I couldn't understand. 



Another similar story from a few weeks back:

Noah was sitting in his high chair at the kitchen table finishing up a snack and watching Dora the Explorer.  I was sitting in the living room.  I can't remember exactly what I was doing, probably feeding Hannah and/or watching HGTV or Food Network.  Noah had finished his snack and was tired of watching Dora, so he begins to yell (even though I'm only 10 feet from him) for me to come get him down from the table.  

I kept putting him off.  "Just a minute, Noah.  I'll be there in a minute."  

But that was unacceptable.  "Mama!  Stop reading your Bible and get Noah!!" he yelled!  :)  

Well, I wasn't actually reading my Bible, but it sure made me feel good that he assumed I was.


I am so thankful that I have such a hardworking husband and that God has given him a good-paying job so that I am able to stay at home with my kids.  Many days I don't feel like it's worth the financial stress for me to stay home.  But it's times like these that God reassures me that we're doing the right thing.  

3 comments:

Deenie Meadows said...

What a blessing to read this Rose. You will never regret one minute no matter the financial strain.

Teresa Hogan said...

Rose, there will never come a day you will be sorry you stayed home and "read the Bible" with Noah. Remember line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little. You are doing a wonderful job! Love you, Teresa

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I love reading about your and Luke's little family Rose !! I echo Teresa's statement that you will never regret the time you are spending with your children! And they will never forget it!

Love you,
Marilyn