Monday, January 23, 2012

Boo for Shots! Hooray for Big Brother!

I took Hannah to the doctor today for her 12 month check-up (at 14 months!)  Oops!  Took her at 12 months but she had strep and I forgot to reschedule for her regular check-up and vaccines.  She is doing great!  Walking everywhere, climbing, and talking up a storm!  She can say: uh-oh, no, mama, mommy, daddy, mimi, papa, (a few times she's said Noah but not recently), juice, get down, thank you, night-night, baby, and bye....just to name a few. :)  She is a sassy little thing!

Tonight, as I was getting the kids ready for bed, Noah noticed Hannah's band-aids on her thighs from her shots.  I told him that I took Hannah to the doctor and she got shots and they hurt her and she cried and cried. (Woah...what a run-on sentence!)  He was so sad for his sissy. :(  

"I want to pray to God so Hannah's boo-boos will feel better," he says.

"That sounds like a great idea."  

He bowed his head.  Pause.  Then he looks back at me and says, "How do I do that?" Silly boy.  

So I told him, "You just say, 'Dear God.'"  

"Dear God."

"Please help Hannah's boo-boos to feel better."  He repeats me again.  "Amen."  

"Amen."  :)

Then he looks back at me and says.....
"What did He say?" :)  

"He said He would."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute and sweet! Precious moments!