Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Click Beetle

A few days ago, Noah and I were visiting our local library.  One of the books we read that day was The Very Clumsy Click Beetle by Eric Carle.  Fast-forward a few days.

Today we found a click beetle!  I reminded Noah of the book we had read and then we were able to see the click beetle in action!  It was so much fun!  This is one of the many reasons I hope to homeschool our kids.  It is exciting and rewarding teaching others' kids but there is nothing like being there in the moment with your own child as he/she explores and learns new things!


We also looked up a few pictures and youtube videos online.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH4roWTUMoA  - Here's one of your average click beetle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jXp9JAl7kU  - This was a very interesting click beetle!  He had a glow like that of a firefly!  Very cool!

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Rose, you are SO right! There's nothing that beats seeing the "light come on" in your own child's eyes when you teach him something! I,too,hope it works out for you to homeschool. You will be such a great homeschool Mom!

Love y'all,
Mrs. Marilyn